Today…we are going to do something fun! It’s called “Blogging Around the World” where I will be joining nineteen uber talented and absolutely fabulous bloggers to devote each of our blog posts today to images shot during a styled shoot. It is sort of a treasure hunt, if you will, where you will visit each one of the participating blogs to see another brilliant image from the shoot along with some fun tid bits, advice or inspiration.
Here are some words from the lovely Alicia at The Charity Wedding who helped organize the shoot and this Blog Around the World. Thank you Alicia for all your hard work!
Hello Lovelies! I am Alicia from The Charity Wedding and I am excited to present another round of Blog Around the World with some of my favorite wedding bloggers! I recently helped organized a styled shoot using the theme of a Vintage Desert Safari. Each blogger will be showcasing a photo from the shoot and sharing some tips, advice, or just some pretty-eye candy for you to enjoy! Be sure to visit all the blogs to make sure you catch all the goodness! Thanks so much to all of the participants!
1. Bubble Rock Studios (New Zealand) 9:00am EST @stephbubble
2. Cap Classique (UK, South Africa) 9:15am EST @capclassique
3. The Unreal Bride (India) 9:30am EST @unrealbride
4. Brancoprata(Portugal)9:45am EST @brancoprata
5. Bijoux Bride (UK) 10:00am EST @bijouxbride
6. Bridal Musings (UK) 10:15am EST @BridalMusings
7. The Oceanside Bride (US) 10:30am EST @OceansideBride
8. Hey Gorgeous(US) 10:45am EST @heygorgblog
9. Sparkle and Hay (US) 11:00am EST @sparkleandhay
10.Wedding Pickle (US) 11:15am EST @weddingpickle
11.The Perfect Palette (US) 11:30am EST @perfectpalette
12.Oh Lovely Day (US) 12:00pm EST @oh_lovely_day
13.La Petite Coquin (US) 12:15pm EST @lapetitecoquin
14.Brenda’s Wedding Blog (US) 12:30pm EST @weddingsites
15.Fab You Bliss (US) 12:45pm EST @fabyoubliss
16.Landlocked Bride (US) 1:00pm EST @LandlockedBride
17.Bow Ties and Bliss (US) 1:15pm EST @bowtiesandbliss
18.A Paper Proposal (US) 1:30pm EST @apaperproposal
19.Engaged and Inspired (US) 1:45 pm EST @EngagedInspired
20.The Charity Wedding (US) 2:00pm EST @charitywedding
Location: Out of Africa Wildlife Park and Along the Verde River, Camp Verde, A
Coordination & Concept: Alicia French of The Charity Wedding
Event Design: KD Event Designs
Photography: Fancy Fin Photography
Bouquet: Glamorous Occasions
Cake & pastries: Kick Ass Kakes
Invitations, Menu, Dessert Toppers and Hang Tags Wedding Girl
Makeup Artist: Sabrina Sweet Makeup
Hair Artist: Erin McDonald of Aveda Red 115 Salon
Gown: La Belle Reve
Cupcakes: handmade by Alicia
FYI…Gem Squash may be hard to find in the US, so other than growing them yourself, (which we are going to do next year), you can substitute with Acorn Squash.
3 gem squash, cut in half and seeds removed
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
0.5 kg (1 lb) tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
100 grams (4 oz) aubergine (egg plant), chopped
salt and pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
watercress sprig to garnish
1. Cook the gem squash in boiling salted water until just tender – about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well and arrange these rings in a large ovenproof dish.
2. Place the oil, onion and garlic in a frying pan and sauté for about 10 minutes until soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, breadcrumbs, parsley, mixed herbs, aubergine and seasoning, blend thoroughly and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Divide the mixture between the gem squash halves; sprinkle each with a little cheese. Place under a moderate grill to lightly brown the cheese and heat through.
5. Garnish with the watercress.
Enjoy! And, if you do end up making this dish or using it in your African/Safari themed wedding…please come back and share with us your thoughts.
Have a Fab You Bliss Wednesday!
PS…don’t forget to check out the other blogs listed above 🙂 Next up is # 16 Landlocked Bride posting at 1:00pm EST