Today I have a wonderful guest post for you from Fab You Bliss preferred vendor Chelsea LaVere from Persuasion Boudoir. Chelsea is here to share some thoughts and tips on boudoir photography. Hope you enjoy!
“There it was. One strange, loner of an albino eyebrow hair nestled in my right eyebrow. I plucked it, but it came back the next month to taunt me. It was then that my 90-year-old woman’s soul nodded in agreement that my body was changing. And over the past five years, changing it has. I look back on photos of myself from high school– photos that back then claimed “I’m so pudgy!”– and photos that I now see as “dang, I was kinda thin.” And I laugh because I am far happier in my present skin than I have ever been. I’m a successful business owner, a better wife, and a happy wedding and boudoir photographer. No size 6 pair of jeans can compare to that kind of contentment.
I have the privilege of meeting amazing women and telling their stories through boudoir photography– an art form that celebrates women. Each session is hand-crafted and completely personalized to each client, right down to the well-researched location. I laugh with clients when I say it’s rare that I shoot at the same location more than three times… but it’s true! Every woman is so different, and I believe every boudoir session should be a personal dream world.
Whether you have a boudoir session or not, take time to celebrate you. Find your story. And bask in the contentment of this very second. Here are some ways that you can get a little happiness for the now!
1. Remove yourself from your everyday surroundings every so often. Do you find comfort at a spa? Would you rather go sit on a porch in the country? Or do you feel at peace on a golf course?
2. Plan it. Whatever “it” may be, plan something to look forward to. Plan a day, a vacation, an appointment, or a photo session. If it’s not on the books, it’s less likely to happen. And after all, it gives you something to look forward to!
3. Remember the Five Senses. Find your favorites of each: sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. And surround yourself daily with them. I’m obsessed with lavender (hence some of these photos accompanying this post!), and I have a lavender-scented Scentsy on my office desk. I love cats and the color teal, so I have several of these items around my workspace. And I actually appreciate the sound of silence (a residual effect from my art teacher days) so I tend to work and relax with nothing but the hum of some cars whizzing by. The more we are around things that make us happy, the more we can appreciate the now… which directly mirrors how we view ourselves.
4. Accept change. There’s no going back to how you were decades ago. And you know what, that’s okay! I may not be a size 6 anymore, but I’m so rocking out my dark-wash denim jeans from White House | Black Market (which, by the way, has the best petite jeans for curvy hips!).
5. Celebrate it. And again, whatever “it” may be, celebrate. Is it life, love, family, friends, a personal battle won? No matter what we look or feel like, we are blessed with an amazing gift everyday. And that’s a beautiful thing.”
You can also check out Persuasion Boudoir’s preferred vendor listing on Fab You Bliss here.