Jennifer and John were married in a vintage and rustic soiree on the shores of Lake Crescent this past August. When Emily Murphy from Manette Gracie Events arrived at the rehearsal, the bride and groom were giddy about their secret ceremony arrival and departure plans. John and his best man would arrive at the ceremony via canoe. After the ceremony, John and Jennifer would depart via canoe, for a post ceremony paddle around the lake. So Emily made sure the boat was stocked with champagne and appetizers, of course.
Photographer Carly of Carly Bish Photography rented her own canoe and was ready to push off behind them for a few shots before leaving them to enjoy some alone time on the lake as the new Mr. and Mrs.
From Emily of Manette Gracie Events:
So many other fun moments played up the 1920’s feel of the lodge:
* The guestbook was vintage postcards which were dropped into an antique suitcase
* Awesome local Seattle string and honky-tonk band The Tallboys made the trip out and taught the group some incredible traditional square dances, including the Virgina Reel. The group danced WAY past dark (some of my favorite images are the end of the night square dancing ones).
* Guests made their way to their tables to find white ceramic berry bowls filled with local blackberries and blueberries. Florals were from a local garden a town over, with the gardener preparing the bouquet and friends of the couple arranging all of the centerpieces.
* Heirloom quilts were on the lawn for guests to enjoy while playing croquet, bocce and a homemade kubb set.
* Favors were handmade local lavender sachets (the area is known for it’s lavender) prepared by the mothers of the bride and groom
* The reception was tented, but there was no rain option for the ceremony. Umbrellas were at the chairs with a festive note that read: Rain or Shine We’ll have a Good Time. Guests loved this souvenir, and, luckily, ended up using them for the sunshine.
Thanks for stopping by!
** * **
Ceremony & Reception Venue And Catering: Lake Crescent Lodge Port Angeles, Washington // Coordinator: Manette Gracie Events // Photographer: Carly Bish Photography // Officiate Mother of groom & father of bride // Bakery: Raindrop Desserts // Personal and Ceremony Flowers: The Cutting Garden // Band: The Tallboys // Transportation: All Points Charters // Hair and Makeup: Erin Skipley // Wedding Dress: Cicada Bridal // Groom’s Suit: Nordstrom // Invitations: Minted // Calligrapher: Bumble B Design
Shop The Post
If you like what you saw in this wedding, here are some “like” items you can buy.
The above links lead to sites run by affiliate partners. Should you buy anything through these links, a small commission will go to Fab You Bliss for leading you to a great brand or product.
Any purchase will not charge you extra. By buying through these links you’ll be helping Fab You Bliss support our families and be part of allowing us to continue running this blog.
As always, we thank you for your support!